Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)

Are you or a loved one dependent on opioid pain medication or heroin and struggling to stop?

What is MAT? 

Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) combines medication and counseling to help people stop using opioid pain medications or heroin. The medication is called buprenorphine or Suboxone®, and it reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms. 

Who can benefit from MAT? 

If you currently use opioid pain medications (medications like Vicodin®, Percocet®, Oxycodone, OxyContin®, or Hydrocodone) or heroin and would like to stop, MAT might be helpful.  

MAT doesn’t help people who want to stop drinking or stop using non-opioid drugs like cocaine, methamphetamines, or marijuana. However, we still encourage you to contact CCHC and make an appointment with one of our counselors. Our counselors are trained to help you stop using other substances, not just opioids.  

How much does it cost? 

CCHC accepts most private insurances, as well as Medicare and Medicaid. If you don’t have health insurance, we also have a sliding scale fee program to help you pay for treatment. The cost will depend on your household income. Contact us for more information about your specific cost.  

What should I do to start MAT? 

If you’re interested in started MAT, call (704) 316-5126. We will help you schedule an appointment with one of our counselors to decide whether MAT is a good fit for you.